Engaging Ghanians in Europe (WORLDREMIT)
WorldRemit is an online money transfer service that helps migrants from developing countries working in developed countries to send money to friends and family through its mobile app and web service.
This London-headquartered scale-up is one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the UK.
We have been working with the company since 2015 as a full time marketing agency. Our job is to help them with all their marketing activation in UK, Nordic, Germany and Uganda.
With hundreds of thousands of Ghanaians in the UK, and millions in the diaspora, remittances play a significant role in Ghana’s economy. According to the World Bank, Ghana received over $5bn in remittances in 2015, almost double the amount in 2014.
WorldRemit wanted to start offline campaign to target Ghanaians communities in the UK and Nordic.
- Our task was to find effective ways to raise their awareness about the trustworthy money transfer service among the target audience
- Educate the audience about the benefits of sending the money online, rather the offline via agents
- Engaged the targted ethnic communities in various environment eg: churches, events…
- Radio jiggles on various ethnic radios
- Adverts in various media
- Conducted surveys
- Street campaigns – Distributing promotion materials to on streets of London, Birmingham etc