Engaging Kenyans in Europe (WorldRemit)
WorldRemit is an online money transfer service that helps migrants from developing countries working in developed countries to send money to friends and family through its mobile app and web service.
This London-headquartered scale-up is one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the UK.
We have been working with the company since 2015 as a full time marketing agency. Our job is to help them with all their marketing activation in UK, Nordic, Germany and Uganda.
The 2001 UK Census recorded 129,633 Kenyan-born British residents. The equivalent figure in 2009 has been estimated at 203,000 by the Office for National Statistics.
WorldRemit wanted to start offline campaign to target Kenyan communities in the UK and Nordic.
- Our task was to find effective ways to raise their awareness about the trustworthy money transfer service among the target audience
- Educate the audience about the benefits of sending the money online, rather the offline via agents
- Engaged the targted ethnic communities in various environment eg: churches, events…
- Radio jiggles on various ethnic radios
- Adverts in various media
- Conducted surveys
- Street campaigns – Distributing promotion materials to on streets of London, Birmingham etc