Engaging Ugandans in Europe (WorldRemit)
WorldRemit is an online money transfer service that helps migrants from developing countries working in developed countries to send money to friends and family through its mobile app and web service.
This London-headquartered scale-up is one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the UK.
We have been working with the company since 2015 as a full time marketing agency. Our job is to help them with all their marketing activation in UK, Nordic, Germany and Uganda.
The 2011 UK Census recorded 59,227 Ugandan-born residents in England, 588 in Wales, 986 in Scotland, and 82 in Northern Ireland. The Office for National Statistics estimates that in 2014, 51,000 people born in Uganda were resident in the UK.
WorldRemit wanted to start offline campaign to target Ugandans communities in the UK and Nordic.
- Our task was to find effective ways to raise their awareness about the trustworthy money transfer service among the target audience
- Educate the audience about the benefits of sending the money online, rather the offline via agents
- Engaged the targted ethnic communities in various environment eg: churches, events…
- Radio jiggles on various ethnic radios
- Adverts in various media
- Conducted surveys
- Street campaigns – Distributing promotion materials to on streets of London, Birmingham etc