WorldRemit – (Nordic)
WorldRemit is an online service that lets people send money to friends and family living abroad, using a computer, smartphone or tablet.
It is a convenient, low-cost alternative to traditional money transfer companies that use high street agents and charge high fees.
Money can be received as a bank deposit, cash pick-up, Mobile Money, or mobile airtime top-up.
WorldRemit’s service is available to senders in 50 countries. WorldRemit offers transfers to more than 140+ destinations across Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia and the Americas.
WorldRemit a Leader in sending of remittances to Mobile Money worldwide, despite of their organic growth in the Nordic they wanted an agency which can help them to strengthen their brand to the Filipino and African market which is is their fastest growing.
- Trip to the Nordic
- Community mapping and market appraisal recommendations
- Strategy planning
The campaign was launched through various community activities in Norway, Denmark, Germany and Sweden.
Some of the activities included:
- Sponsor various events
- Road shows and street activations
- Social clubs: Sponsoring several social events including churches in the Nordic African community, such as Light House in Copenhagen……(to list a few more in Stockholm)
- Cultural Groups: Africans tend to socialize according to countries, and in their country community they socialize according to their tribes. We targeted various cultural activities to reach out to the targeted communities.
- On-going campaigns in Nordic countries including Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Germany
- Increase awareness of the WorldRemit services and competitive transfer rates to increase WorldRemit presence
- Educate people on using a PC, phone or tablet to send money.
- Engaged the targted ethnic communities in various environment eg: churches, events…
- Develop and strengthen the relationship between WorldRemit and the African Community in UK.