WorldRemit is an online money transfer service that helps migrants from developing countries working in developed countries to send money to friends and family through its mobile app and web service.
This London-headquartered scale-up is one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the UK.
We have been working with the company since 2015 as a full time marketing agency. Our job is to help them with all their marketing activation in UK, Nordic, Germany and Uganda.
WorldRemit wanted to start offline campaign to target few hard to reach communities, starting primarily with Filipinos and African Diaspora living in the UK. The niche audiences have certain behaviours as well as live in various parts of the country, especially for Filipino community there is no particular location where the community is dense unlike some other ethnic communities, which makes targeting quite difficult.
- Our task was to find effective ways to raise their awareness about the trustworthy money transfer service among the target audience
- Educate the audience about the benefits of sending the money online, rather the offline via agents
- Engaged the targted ethnic communities in various environment eg: churches, events…
- Radio jiggles on various ethnic radios
- Adverts in various media
- Campaigns at corner stores, barbers, hair, beauty and food stores
- Street campaigns – Distributing promotion materials to Ugandans on streets of London